Hiring a roofer is no easy task for property managers, so if you are currently research local roofers, here are a few tips to help you:
- Look for experienced contractors – you need a contractor who has long and verifiable experience with the type of roofing job that you need to get done;
- Look for contractors that operate a local office – you should not consider roofers who don’t have a physical office where you can visit them – the lack of headquarters might indicate a problem;
- Get multiple quotes – whatever type of roofing job you need a contractor for, obtain at least three or for quotes before you make the final decision. Evaluate the quotes in terms of labor costs, material costs, the quality of the materials proposed, warranty on the materials and the labor and completion deadlines;
- Find out about licensing and insurance – preferred commercial roof repair Fort Collins contractors need to be properly licensed, bonded and insured, so make sure you request proof of that before even considering a roofer;
- References and reputation – request potential roofing contractors to provide references and take the time to check them, too – previous clients can provide lots of useful information about the quality of the work and the reliability of the roofer that you are planning to hire.