Running a Denver business involves lots of tasks to see to, including not only the tasks related to the business itself, but to the building that the business is run from as well – no business can be safe if the building it resides in is neglected and this is especially true for the roof. The most important task to handle if you are to make sure that your roof will function properly for its entire lifetime is roof maintenance, so here are a few things you should know about how to schedule roof maintenance tasks:
- Maintenance scheduled twice a year – you should have the best commercial roofers in Denver do a detailed check every six months, once in spring, to check for the damage caused by the winter and once in fall, to make sure that the roof is ready for whatever the next winter brings about. The process should involve detailed inspection, roof cleaning and the repair of any issues found on the roof;
- Maintenance of the draining system – if your commercial roof is flat, you need to pay special attention to its drainage needs. Water tends to accumulate on the surface of flat roofs and without proper drainage, ponding water can and will damage your roofing surface, so make sure that the gutters and the drainage spouts of your roofs are inspected and cleaned during the six-monthly maintenance or, even better, after each big storm.
The biggest advantage of a flat roof is the cost effectiveness; installation as well as materials is less expensive than in the case of pitched roofs.
The other significant advantage of having commercial roofers in Denver install a flat rooftop consists in the extra space provided by a flat roof, which can be used for different purposes; you can store air conditioning unit, solar panels or even create a lounge on top of the roof, in the form of a small garden, a barbecue etc. The possibilities are numerous and everything depends on your imagination and preferences.
A roof deck to support traffic is easy to install, not to mention that re-roofing is relatively quick and easy.
Having a flat roof living space installed by commercial roofers in Denver definitely adds discernible value and helps units sell faster, because the building becomes more appealing. The investment itself is not so huge; actually, all you need to have a roof that accommodates people is installing decking, plants and seating.
If you go further and plan an entirely green roof, you must be prepared to pay more money for this. Green roofs cost more to be installed and maintained. The results are truly spectacular and will have a great impact on your life, but you must be ready to invest more money that in creating a simple lounge on top of your roof.
Roof insulation is just as important for the performance and durability of commercial roofs as it is in the case of residential construction – whether your commercial roofing is completely flat or it is sloping in a lower or steeper angle, whether it is made from metal, built-up layers, EPDM, TRP, PVC or other, the insulation will make it resistant to water, wind and UV radiation – here are a few more insulation details from commercial roofers in Denver about why you should insulate your commercial roof:
- Improved energy efficiency – commercial buildings, especially large ones, are very expensive to heat and cool. Insulation seals the building from above, preventing heat exchange between the building interior and the environment and reducing heating and cooling-related energy bills;
- Reducing the risk of interior condensation build-up – moisture trapped inside the building can lead to the appearance of mold and mildew, which can lead to health risks as well as to building damage. Proper roof installation can reduce the risk of this type of damage as well;
- Reduced risk of leaks and of other types of roof damage – roof insulation can efficiently reduce the risk of cracks, holes and other types of structural damage on the roof, thus protecting the building against leaks;
- Reduced maintenance needs – insulated roofs are easier and cheaper to maintain as well.