Finding a good Colorado Springs roofing company is no easy task. If you want to avoid any problems and botched roofing jobs, consider following these guidelines on how to select the best and most reliable roofing contractor for a specific roofing job that you want help with:
- Start by evaluating exactly what type of project you want help with.
- What type of new roof do you want to have installed, or what type of repair do you need help with. Jot down all the details.
- Start your search online, and limit it to small, local roofing companies specializing in the type of task you need help with.
- Write down the names and contact details of all the relevant roofers you find.
- Narrow down your search to include only licensed, insured and bonded roofers that have at least 4-5 years of experience.
- Check all of their track record as well as any complaints associated with their names on the BBB website.
- Look up reviews and online ratings.
- Call the best of them and ask them to provide you with some insight on how they can help you.
- Ask for references and for a detailed, written quote.
- Weigh in all your options, and narrow it down to the one roofing contractor that has the services and costs that are best suited to your needs and budget.
Colorado Springs roofing company experts are often talking about the necessity of gutters and why they have to be kept clean and in good condition at all times.
Here are just a few of the most essential reasons you need to consider:
- Gutters are responsible for allowing rainwater to safely get from your roof to the ground without affecting the structure of your home. As a result, everything from water damage to your roof, to siding damage and even foundation damage can be prevented as long as you simply keep your gutters clear of any unwanted debris and anything that could clog them or damage their structure over time.
- Your gutters should also be kept clean in order to discourage the presence of pests. Some insects as well as other pests, can be drawn to dirty or clogged gutters, where they could even set up their nests or create an infestation that can affect your entire home.
- Clean gutters will be free of debris and dirt, allowing water to move freely and preventing damage that would require extensive repairs down the line. As a result, it’s very much in your financial interest to keep your gutters clean at all times, since it will prolong their lifespan, prevent the need for frequent repairs and help you save a lot of cash over the next few years.
When replacing the roof or building a new one, it is important to know what type of material should you choose. The most important factors for you to consider when choosing one are durability, energy efficiency and longevity.
If you want to make sure that your roofing material is durable enough, you could consult with a seasoned Colorado Springs roofing company expert to help you. Meanwhile, you can also consult this list.
- Metal roofing material made from aluminum, steel, copper or zinc are significantly more durable and have a long lifespan, up to 50 years. This material also impacts resistance and need less maintenance than others. Because a metal roof acts as a natural insulator, it is energy efficient and it is also is 100% recyclable.
- The plastic polymer is incredibly durable roofing material. It can last more than 50 years and require little maintenance and is very energy efficient.
- Asphalt shingles may be the most popular roofing material, but make sure to choose the one with a good indicator of impact resistance and overall durability. Asphalt shingles can last up to 30 years.
- Slate is one of the oldest roofing materials but is also one of the most expensive ones. It can last more than 100 years and it is fireproof. The main inconvenience though is that slate tiles can crack under heavyweight.
A home inspection is mandatory when you want to sell or to buy a house. But home inspection does not include a roof inspection too. As a buyer, would you like to buy a house with a roof in really bad shape?
To prevent this from happening, you need a roof certification. Sometimes you have to ask for one because it is not always stipulated in purchase contracts. This certification, basically, it is like a tool that helps both the seller and the buyer to make the deal much more confidently. This way, the buyer can make a general opinion about the potential investment and the seller can prove that the roof is in good condition.
On the surface, the roof may seem safe, but a Colorado Springs roofing company roof inspector can tell you if there are some missing roofing materials, or if the flashing, chimneys and the HVAC units are in a good shape. If there are some repairs required, the roofing company will provide the seller this certificate only after the issue is solved. And even if the roof does not require major repairs at the moment, a Colorado Springs roofing company roof certification helps you estimate how old the roof is and the remaining years of life.
The performance of a roof should be one of the main concerns of any homeowner, considering that the indoor safety and protection from weather largely depend on the roof.
It is good to know that the best roof you can have is not necessarily the most expensive; it is the roof designed to withstand local climate, using high quality materials and installed flawlessly by a reputable Colorado Springs roofing company.
Factors that negatively impact the performance of a residential roof include:
Sun the most damaging factor to a roof, in the long run. Constant exposure to UV radiation causes deterioration of roofing materials and premature aging of the roof.
Trees with untrimmed branches hanging above or too close to the roof are a damaging factor. Leaves will accumulate more frequently in the gutters, not to mention that high winds can cause branches to fall on the roof and damage shingles and accessories.
The worst enemy of any roof remains the rain. Water infiltration, no matter how small and insignificant, is an emergency and requires very prompt repairs, otherwise the roof degradation will advance quickly and in a very unfavorable way for you.
A poorly ventilated roof loses its insulation properties and causes decay and damage.
When you experience problems with the roof, you are definitely stressed enough to think about anything else. However, things can become even worse if you are not careful enough and hire the wrong contractor.
There are many roofing scams out there; you can find them at your door anytime, promising you fantastic services or trying to convince you that you have a problem with your roof that you know nothing about, but they most likely appear after a big storm or other severe weather phenomena that affects an entire area, because they know perfectly well that people in such situation are vulnerable and would do anything to have their problems fixed as soon as possible. These roofing scams have no scruples and could make you sign a contract that doesn’t actually protect you, or provide you low quality services, take your money and disappear.
If you want to avoid all these, no matter in what situation you are and how badly you want your roof to be in good shape again, TAKE YOUR TIME TO FIND A TRUSTWORTHY Colorado Springs roofing company contractor.
Speak with your insurance company first, then find a few local contractors, licensed, insured, with good reputation and get their estimates in writing, to compare them. Never make verbal arrangements or sign a contract with blanks.
Roof damage is inherent and may sometimes be quite costly. If you are on a budget, we can give you some tips so you will not be surprised by the costs and have the budget ready for it.
None of us wants to experience roof problems. Many people deny the inevitable and try to convince themselves that they do not or will not have serious roof problems. However, the best thing is to keep an eye on your roof through periodic inspections and maintenance operations and pay attention to small things rather than to face big problems that can shorten its lifespan and make you pay a lot more.
Another important thing to consider when you are on a budget is getting insurance for your roof. This way, you are protected no matter when the problems appear and you will not have to worry about paying a large sum of money from your pocket at once.
Choosing the right time for the roof repair will also save you money. Colorado Springs roofing company technicians experienced in roofing installation and repairs are the busiest at the end of summer and in autumn, so planning to replace or repair the roof at the end of winter or in spring will likely bring you discounts, and operations may take less time.
Most of the home maintenance is done in Fall. During this period, there are many things tackle. So much so, that it can get a bit confusing and by preparing either a plan or checklist could result in fewer headaches during this period. There are a variety of little things to keep track of during Fall maintenance.
Developing a schedule for the work that needs doing each day could prove to be a useful tool so that no important details are being overseen that could be a problem in the future. Assigning a day to have a Colorado Springs roofing company rep inspect the roof, having another day prepared for checking the attic and another one for cleaning the exterior of the home, and so on.
Keeping track of the maintenance during Fall as well as other improvement projects on the home can be a huge benefit to making sure that the structure is in good condition and presents no issues, especially during the winter months. Keeping track of any maintenance or improvement done to the home is recommended. Every detail such as repairing or replacing the roof, cleaning the gutters, repainting the home or repairing the siding should be taken into account.
The roof pitch, often referred to as the roof slope, is the angle of the sides of the roof, the measurement of the vertical rise by the horizontal run. The parameter is among the most important ones that are associated with roofs – the pitch will be the factor that determines the materials that can be used on the roof, the overall costs as well as the duration of the roofing process. Here are some more details related to the roof pitch:
- All roofs have a certain pitch – there is no such thing as a completely flat roof, even the ones look flat have a small pitch to prevent the accumulation of ponding water on the surface of the roof;
- Each roofing material comes with specifications related to the range of pitch that the material is suitable for;
- Durability – as a general rule, steeper roofs are more durable due to the fact that they drain more efficiently. Flat roofs, on the other hand, need some help to resist for long, but with some attention to the drainage system attached to them, they will protect the building they are installed on for the expected amount of time without problem.
For more information regarding roofing service costs, contact a local family owned Colorado Springs roofing company for honest and knowledgeable support.
Storms cause millions of dollars of damage on roofs across the country and many owners of buildings that have suffered roof damage caused by storms fail to address the problem properly or receive the right amount of insurance compensation because their actions are informed by misconceptions.
Here are some of the most common myths about storm roof damage repairs that you should not believe:
- If there are no missing components, I don’t need repair – missing roof components, such as shingles or tiles that have been swept off, are the most obvious, but not the only sign of storm damage. Storms might cause leaks or other forms of structural damage without sweeping off parts of the roof, so if you suspect your roof is under such stress, you will need to get the roof inspected by a professional storm damage repair Colorado Springs roofing company;
- Storm damage on my roof is covered by manufacturer’s warranty – most manufacturers exclude the damage caused by hail and storms from the coverage and so do most roofers;
- The damage on my roof is very small, therefore I should not file an insurance claim – you should file a claim for any damage that is covered by your policy, no matter how small it is. Roof damage can aggravate quickly, so any issue needs to be addressed in a timely manner and why pay for it if you can get compensation from your insurer?