In recent years, metal roofing systems have become the go-to roofing solutions for business buildings.
Smart Colorado Springs commercial roofing contractors advise that these are the most important benefits offered by these great modern roofs – if they are features that you are looking for with your new commercial roof, then a metal roof is the best choice for you:
- Lightweight systems – metal roofs are resilient without being heavy, therefore they are suitable for any building, very solid and lightweight construction alike;
- Low maintenance – metal roofs also need to be regularly inspected for minor issues, but the metal panels used for making the system are made from special alloys that are resistant to corrosion, to rust and to other forms of damage, so you will probably not need to do any major repairs on your roof;
- Durability – the estimated lifetime of metal roofs is between 30-50 years;
- Fire resistance – metal does not catch fire, therefore metal roofs can be used on buildings that pose a fire hazard from the inside or are located in dry and fire-prone areas;
- Energy-efficiency – metal roofs form very efficient thermal barriers that enhance the energy-efficiency of the entire building, keeping the temperature more even in the building the year around.