Used for decades in the U.S. and Canada, asphalt shingles are one of the most practical and economical ways to cover and protect the roof of a building. It is the most used and widespread material for covering homes in the United States, and this is due to a very good price quality ratio.
Although it is easy to install, for a successful project it is necessary to follow the manufacturer’s recommendations. Failure to comply with them and ignoring important details influences the appearance and functionality of the roof. Each repair decreases the lifespan of your roof, and the work associated with remedying some problems requires complex workmanship that can be very expensive.
To avoid mistakes when installing a basic asphalt shingle roof on your home, but also to ensure its durability, according to roofing experts at Interstate Roofing and Exteriors, www.interstateroof.com/, make sure you do not neglect the following aspects:
- The optimum temperature for installing asphalt shingles is about 20 degrees C, otherwise, the bitumen will warm up, become softer and may deteriorate during installation.
- Before installation, shingles must be stored at temperatures below 20 degrees C, to prevent them from being glued together.
- Roof ventilation is definitely a factor to be taken into account, if you want to ensure a longer lifespan of your roof.
- Make sure you buy the asphalt shingles from a reputable manufacturer, which offers a warranty certificate.
- Sign a contract for the installation of your asphalt shingle roof only with a team of professional roofers.