Many prospective buyers do not want to buy a home that needs immediate renovation. This is why you have to consider some home improvements before you can sell it. Make sure you take into account both aesthetic and economic renovation works. If a home seems in need of urgent repairs, buyers tend to worry that they will be very expensive and time consuming. And when it comes to the roof, they are right!
The roof is that element of a house that can make or break a real estate transaction. That`s because of its high visibility. The roof is the first exterior element of a house that people notice, so it can make a great impression if it looks intact and clean. On the other hand, people do not like to see a roof affected by wear and tear, as it makes them think of indoor discomfort and other problems associated with humidity and lack of energy-efficiency.
If you want to have better chance to sell your home fast and for good money, you should definitely consider calling reputable Colorado Springs roofing companies for an inspection and roof renovation. It will cost you only a fraction of the home selling price and it is a well-worthy investment, especially in a real estate market flooded with houses that tend to have impeccable-looking roofs.
Getting a new commercial roof is not easy and that is why many building owner or managers prefer to postpone such a project and opt for making repairs and hope for the best. Not that there is something wrong with making repairs; it is just that, in some cases, repairs may not be efficient anymore and they will end up being more expensive, in the long run, than replacing the roof altogether.
So, repairs are good as long as they solve the problem of your commercial roof. But if they only put a temporary Band-Aid on the problem, it is time to consider a roof replacement.
Commercial roofing Colorado Springs CO technicians substantiate that other signs indicating that your commercial building needs a new roof include the age of the existing roof and high energy consumption that does not reflect into a better thermal comfort.
Depending on what they are made from, commercial roofing systems can be more or less durable. The average lifespan is 20-25 years. A roof that gets close to the end of its lifespan needs to be replaced soon, because you do not have to expect too much from it anymore, except from problems and discomfort.
As for energy efficiency, a new roof will ensure better insulating properties, so it will get you better thermal comfort and lower energy bills.
When it comes to a large-scale roof installation, you will have to take into consideration different aspects, one of them being to plan your project according to your HOA`s guidelines.
Don`t worry, nobody will mind you getting a new roof, but you may have to comply with certain styles or materials, which are set to ensure a uniform look and feel of the neighborhood and respect certain safety requirements. It is not about identical homes, so you will have plenty of room to express yourself as you wish, even while respecting your HOA`s set of Covenants, Conditions, and Restrictions.
So, preferably, you should start with reading these guidelines carefully before talking to your HOA recommended Colorado Springs roofing companies. Keep in mind that you had essentially signed up for them when you purchased your home in your HOA neighborhood.
Certain roofing materials and styles may not be mentioned at all in the CCRs. If the roof you want to install on your house is not specifically prohibited, you may be able to get it, but first you will have to ask your HOA to make an allowance, and the board will analyze your wish.
A large-scale roof installation represents a big project, and it is essential to follow the proper procedures and make your communication with your HOA leadership as proactive as possible.
Homeowners have little more headaches than those who live in apartment buildings. One of them refers to their roofs that must be in very good condition at all times. The bigger the roof, the more maintenance effort is needed.
Here are some useful residential roofing tips from an excellent Colorado Springs roofing company:
Pay attention to quality!
Although the roof is one of the most expensive elements of a house (and it will be all the more expensive, the larger its surface!), you still do not have to compromise on quality, choosing cheap materials. If you think that you will reduce your expenses, the risk of paying much more money later for repairs is very high.
Ensure ventilation and insulation of the attic
If you have an attic, you must pay attention to certain details so that it does not have a negative impact on the roof. Temperature variations in the attic can affect the supporting structure of the roof. Therefore, it is necessary to ensure adequate thermal insulation using mineral wool or other efficient material. It will also act as a barrier against highly high roof temperatures on hot days. At the same time, to maintain optimal thermal comfort and prevent moisture build-up in the attic, you must also ensure proper air circulation.
Do not neglect regular maintenance!
Make sure your roof is inspected by professionals at least once a year and, if you notice any defect, fix it promptly! In this way, you will prevent considerable expenses later for significant repairs.
Your property could have reinforced titanium walls, but it still would not be worth much without a good roof. Many problematic elements enter a building through the roof, from rain to wind and cold/ heat.
For this reason, the roof has to be always in good shape. How can you ensure that you have a good roof above your head? – Through regular maintenance.
If you are the owner of a large commercial building, you might be intimidated by the idea of dealing with such a large roof surface, but do not worry: you don`t have to do it on your own!
The smartest choice is to find reliable Colorado Springs commercial roofing contractors and make a roof maintenance plan. Specialists will come each year during the period(s) mentioned in the contract and inspect the roof. Any small problem found will be quickly fixed, and this way, the lifespan of your roof will increase, and you will not have to worry about the safety of your commercial building, from this perspective at least.
Each time, you will get a detailed inspection and maintenance report, which you can use if you even have to make an insurance claim and prove that you regularly took care of your roof.
You should not wait until there are obvious roof damages to implement a maintenance plan. Do it as soon as possible! Paying for regular maintenance operations is much more affordable and convenient than paying for replacing the roof.
If you are planning a roof repair or roof installation project on your home and you already have the date when your roofer will come to do the job scheduled, you should know that preparing the space around your building for the roofing work is essential to maintain the beauty of your landscape and to keep your items safe.
An attentive Colorado Springs roofing company recommends you complete these important tasks before your roofer arrives:
- Remove the items from the immediate proximity of the building – whatever type of roofing work your contractor will perform, objects will inevitably fall from the roof. To avoid any damage caused to your valuables by falling debris or falling roofing elements, make sure to remove anything that can be moved from the area.
- Cover the vegetation – roofing work also involves the generation of lots of dust that might damage the plants in your landscape if it settles on the leaves and flowers. The nearby garden store surely sells a variety of foil and mesh products manufactured specially to prevent such damage to the vegetation, so just get the right amount and cover your plants.
- Cover the windows and the walls – foil is useful for protecting the walls, the windows and doors of your house from dust and debris and for making the cleaning easier after the roofing process is complete.
Roof maintenance is the process of regularly inspecting and cleaning the roof structure with the purpose of revealing the faults that affect it and of prolonging its life span by removing any dirt and debris that could damage it. The process can be handled by amateurs, but amateur roofing work usually causes more harm than good, so the best way to get it handled is by hiring Colorado Springs roofing companies with attention to detail for the job.
Here are some arguments that will convince you to:
- Safety – any type of work performed on roofs, including roof maintenance, holds dangers, especially for people who are not experienced in performing work at heights. Professional roofers are used to moving around on roofs and performing difficult work in awkward positions and they are also familiar with the necessary safety gear so they can perform the maintenance of your roof respecting all safety related rules.
- A trained eye to perform the inspection – professional roofers have experience in detecting even the tiniest roofing issue, therefore hiring a specialist to maintain your roof will help you tackle issues when they are still easy to solve.
- Warranty – the best roofers stand by their work; therefore, the maintenance process that they perform will come with a warranty.
The roof installed on your commercial property will determine many things, from the value of your business property to the safety and comfort of your employees or tenants and from your energy costs to your insurance premiums and the appearance of your property. To ensure that your commercial roof can fulfill all these purposes, you need a great commercial roofing Colorado Springs CO contractor who is able to avoid the most common pitfalls related to commercial roofing. Here are some of those pitfalls:
- Choosing the wrong material – the market of commercial roofing materials is very wide, with options available for any requirement and any need. The abundance of choices makes the final selection more difficult, but an experienced commercial roofer will be able to help you select the best value for your money, the material that best serves your interests.
- Problems arising from incorrect installation – installation mistakes are also very common in the world of commercial roofs. If you choose an experienced commercial roofer, the expertise of the professional will guarantee that your roof will be free from such mistakes.
- Warranty problems – hiring an experienced Colorado Springs professional roofer to handle all the tasks related to your commercial roof is the only way to avoid problems related to warranty, such as voiding your warranty due to incorrect handling or due to being handled by a roofer without a license.
When it comes to roof repairs, time is a very important aspect. The more you postpone professional roof repair, the more difficult and costlier it will be to remedy the problem. Here are some of the dangers of waiting too long before finding a qualified Colorado Springs roofing company;
- A minor problem quickly turning into a major one – your roof is continuously exposed to the elements. This means that even if your roof is built from the strongest materials, if those materials are already a little damaged, that damage will quickly expand.
- Costs exploding – getting a repair for a minor roofing issue, such as a cracked component, is always much cheaper than having to fix damage that has already extended to multiple components. If you wait too long to get that initial minor damage fixed, you can be faced with the deterioration of multiple surface elements, and with damage that might affect the structure of the roof. This will make the repairs even more complicated and costly.
- Compromised comfort of your home – one of the most common types of roof damage is leaks- that is, holes or cracks on the roof through which water penetrates the building and enters the attic or your rooms. Besides ruining the aesthetics of your rooms, water dripping or pouring through the ceiling is a nuisance that will ruin the comfort of your home.
A new roof that is properly installed by distinguished Colorado Springs roofing companies and made from a carefully chosen material comes with many benefits. One of them is to improve the curb appeal of your home. Here is how your new roof will improve the aesthetics of your entire property:
- A color harmonizing with the rest of the architecture – roof color chosen to match the accents or the principal wall color can pull the design of the entire building together. It can confer on your entire property a harmonious appearance that is a pleasure to look at.
- Blending into the environment – the roof color is an essential element that will integrate your building into the environment made up by the other buildings surrounding your property. It can also make your home stand out.
- Complementing or contrasting your landscape – the color chosen for your roof will also work together with the landscape you have around your building, either by creating an organically unified appearance or by creating contrast for your building. To improve the desired effect, you can choose to have one single color on your roof or you can opt for a material that comes in a variety of colors, or in a variety of hues of the same color.