In recent years, metal roofing systems have become the go-to roofing solutions for business buildings.
Smart Colorado Springs commercial roofing contractors advise that these are the most important benefits offered by these great modern roofs – if they are features that you are looking for with your new commercial roof, then a metal roof is the best choice for you:
- Lightweight systems – metal roofs are resilient without being heavy, therefore they are suitable for any building, very solid and lightweight construction alike;
- Low maintenance – metal roofs also need to be regularly inspected for minor issues, but the metal panels used for making the system are made from special alloys that are resistant to corrosion, to rust and to other forms of damage, so you will probably not need to do any major repairs on your roof;
- Durability – the estimated lifetime of metal roofs is between 30-50 years;
- Fire resistance – metal does not catch fire, therefore metal roofs can be used on buildings that pose a fire hazard from the inside or are located in dry and fire-prone areas;
- Energy-efficiency – metal roofs form very efficient thermal barriers that enhance the energy-efficiency of the entire building, keeping the temperature more even in the building the year around.
Interested in finding a reliable local roofer? The following steps will not only help you do so, but also make sure that you get all the advantages you need for a specific roofing project without having to look too far from home:
- Start by looking in your local area to find top quality commercial roofing Colorado Springs CO contractors that have the best track records.
- Get to work making notes of each contractor, what they have to offer, how much they charge for their services, and whether or not they are relevant to your project.
- Learn more about their operations by making a phone call and asking them a few questions about the types of projects they handle and whether or not they might be able to help or advise you regarding your project.
- Get references so you can check out some of their work. If you’re talking to local roofers, chances are the homes or buildings they’ve worked on are not too far from your location.
- Ask for a few quotes of the best roofers you’ve managed to filter through, then compare their fees, services and insurance benefits to decide on a single contractor you can hire.
This formula is simple, and it works every time as long as you do your research properly. You’ll soon find that the best roofers in your area will not disappoint, and that thinking out of the box when it comes to finding a team of roofers will work every time.
Is your commercial roof in bad shape? Owning a large building can be a lot of work, and roof maintenance is not the least of your worries. However, making sure your roof is in good order is just as important as many other tasks, and in some cases no amount of repair work is truly enough to fix all problems.
Your commercial roof should be replaced if one or more of the following statements are true:
- Your roof is well past its warranty period, and is nearing the end of its calculated life span. Also, it’s in a bad shape, and you have to repair it more frequently with each passing year.
- The roof wasn’t installed properly in the first place, and no amount of repair work seems to be effective in adjusting the required parameters to keep it going for longer than a few months at a time.
- By mistake you chose the wrong material for the climate you live in, and the roof is constantly damaged by snow or hail – to the point where the cost of repairing it all the time is ridiculously high and getting even higher.
- The roof was recently damaged by a natural catastrophe or a fire, and the repair work needed would take too long or cost too much.
In these instances, you’ll find that trying to continue with patchwork is simply not a practical choice. Instead, you’re better off trying to look for a reputable expert commercial roof repair Fort Collins company to give you a valid estimate and get to work on replacing your roof.
Finding commercial roof leaks can be extremely important. Your business can depend on it, especially when water starts flowing down your walls and onto your equipment. While you’ll probably spot smaller leaks much sooner than that, there’s a lot to be said about the need for caution in this situation.
The first thing you need to look at is the roof membrane. Once the membrane starts to age, it’ll shrink, blister and break, and you can be dealing with a larger leak than you’ve expected. If the membrane looks damaged but the damage isn’t too visible, then it would be a good idea to call your commercial roofing Colorado Springs CO repair specialists for a complete roof inspection.
If you have a metal roof, it’s important to take into account the fact that metal can rust. Check the roof thoroughly to find any signs of damage, and also try to find places where rust is setting in. A rust-inhibiting primer is all you need to make sure the roof stays in good shape for a long time to come.
Detecting and taking care of commercial roof leaks can be somewhat difficult, but with the right tools and the right knowledge, you’ll find the task will be much easier than you can even imagine.
Commercial roofing practices have evolved a great deal in recent years. While some business owners might like to sacrifice roof maintenance and proper repair for the purpose of saving some money, experts admit that the best practice is to employ vital maintenance tasks as soon as possible before spring comes.
When it comes to commercial roofs, you have to understand that the materials, the workmanship and just about everything else about the roof is very different from residential roofing systems. Most commercial roofing installations involve flat roofing products, and naturally, their maintenance and inspection process is different from that of a residential roof.
To check the structural integrity of a flat roof, you will have to get up on the roof, and examine the membrane or panels’ condition. If you spot any damage, contact your roofer about it to avoid having to turn it into a DIY project.
You can also consider maintenance services offered by some of the top Colorado Springs commercial roofing contractors in your area. If you’re interested in finding the problem as swiftly as possible, and you don’t want to spend a lot of money on roof repair and maintenance, contact your local roofers, schedule a meeting, and discuss some of the main services they can help you out with.
Do you want to buy a sloped roof? Whether you’re interested in an unusual or intrinsic design, there are plenty of options to consider. However, before choosing your new roof based solely on the design, it’s important to take some time to consider the scientific aspects of choosing the right roof pitch:
- Depending on the material, you might need a roof pitch of a certain angle. For example, thatch is sometimes used on new houses, and it typically demands an angle of 45 degrees.
- More modern options, such as architectural and metal shingles, as well as slate shingles, can offer a greater degree of freedom when it comes to the roof pitch.
- Some styles feature less elevated roofs, which is sometimes a preferred option for homeowners interested in a more classical and traditional approach to roof planning.
- Modern schools of architecture even consider adapting the roof angle to make for harmonious designs. Some architects will tell you that their preferred roof pitch is 51 degrees, even though the demands of planners might require a slightly modified angle, depending on the size of the roof.
Typically, when building a home, you can select the pitch you want for your roof. However, depending on your house’s construction and the roofing materials you choose, it can also be easy to find a professional Denver roofer willing to provide you with a more flexible set of solutions.
A quick online search for the area your building is located in will reveal potentially dozens of commercial roofing experts who will be glad to help you out. As you look for the best contractor, however, it can be difficult to determine exactly which of them can be trusted and which one you should actually decide on as the best and most affordable roofing company. Here are a few guidelines to help you with the sorting process:
- The best commercial roofers in Denver are the ones with the most experience in commercial roofing. Make sure the work they did and the references they have are specifically targeting commercial projects, such as EPDM roofing installations and the repair of PVC membrane roofing products.
- Get as many quotes as possible. Before deciding on the best company to go with, it’s a good idea to have as many options as possible to choose from. You’ll find only some of them will be within your budget, so filter through them, and then start sorting through the remaining companies until you find the best one.
- Keep track of factors such as reputation, long term track record, commercial roofing product specialization, labor costs and insurance related concerns. If the company can answer all your questions regarding these matters in a satisfactory manner, then you’ll be all set to hire them for your next big commercial roofing project.
Flat and low slope commercial roofing systems have been used for many decades on a regular basis to ensure that companies owning commercial buildings don’t have to deal with the same hassle that most homeowners are required to manage. With a reliable commercial roof, you can rest assured that your investment is protected even when your building is threatened by snow, ice, extreme rain and powerful hail storms.
But how much does a commercial roof actually cost? According to most conscientious commercial roofing Colorado Springs CO companies, the prices vary too much to make an accurate assessment. However, studies were made to track the average cost and replacement rate of commercial roofing systems.
One such study has revealed that, while more than 80% of all the evaluated commercial roofs have been replaced before they should have, the price for such a replacement rarely exceeded $4-5 per foot. Even labor costs were mostly affordable, and the only aspect that made roof prices shoot up to over $40,000 was the sheer size of these roofs.
An averagely sized commercial building typically requires at least 10,000 square feet of roofing material. Add that to the labor costs and various other unforeseen expenses, and you can easily look at a total price that reaches $50k. While this data isn’t conclusive, since other sources also report prices ranging between $7 and $12 per square foot, the development of new manufacturing technologies have already led to a significant price reduction when it comes to the most common EPDM, PVC, TPO and metal flat or low slope roofing systems.
Flat roofs have been around for a long time, however the technology used today for manufacturing the main products required for a high end flat roofing system for a commercial building are not easy to come by.
Unlike sloped roofs, a flat roof is completely even on its horizontal axis, and its design is typically based on materials such as metal, EPDM, TPO, green roofing solutions and other materials used primarily for the installation of membrane roofing systems. Many other types of flat roofing also exist, and have regularly been used in commercial roof installations throughout the past decades. Some of these include PVC membranes, asphalt, Turbo Seal, FTPO and cold applied liquid membranes.
The main reason why most commercial roofing projects are designed around flat roofing systems is that flat roofs offer the most efficiency when it comes to using the space below and above the roof. Facilities can be built both above and below to maximize the use of the real estate property in question, and the owner of the building can even install solar panels on top of the roof to improve energy efficiency.
Tough waterproof membranes have been found to require less maintenance than common sloped roofing systems, and their repair is also quicker and more efficient. Despite lacking the beauty and styling potential of most sloped roofs, per local commercial roofing Denver CO companies, a flat roof can be extremely versatile if your goal is to increase your profits and avoid unnecessary expenses.
Making it in construction isn’t easy in most places. However, Denver, Colorado offers a remarkable opportunity to active and aspiring construction and Denver roofer trade workers who are eager to prove themselves. The following tips should help you land an excellent job much sooner than you think.
It’s important to first understand how the money flows in the Denver construction market and who has the most pressing need for good construction labor force. By informing yourself regarding the most active local construction firms, you will find that some of them get more projects per year than others. These are usually the ones you should be targeting first, since investors trust their work on an ongoing basis, and even if they aren’t currently hiring, chances are they will in the next few weeks or months.
Another important requirement for finding good jobs is to connect. Don’t just browse online websites to try and find the best jobs and apply to jobs that maybe hundreds of other candidates are trying to score. Instead, showcase your work online, join a social networking site, or even better: create your own portfolio website. You will soon gain access to lesser known events and exclusive meet-ups where you will learn about new jobs before everyone else does.
By taking action and not waiting your dream job to land in your lap, you will have done something few others do by taking the initiative and forging your own path in a dynamic, potentially volatile, but also potentially rewarding local Colorado construction market.